Welcome......And a little note on Adversity

Welcome to my humble blog. I intend for this blog to be an expressive outlet for my thoughts, feelings and philosophies on consciousness, spirituality, life, the world, reality and the universe.

I've been on an incredible journey of self discovery for the past few years. Even though it's been a relatively short time, deep down I've always known myself as spiritual even though I wasn't aware of it intellectually. When I was a teenager I was very sensitive and introvert, I was very depressed much of the time and sometimes I used to stare up at the stars at night and think to myself "there has to be more to life than this, there has to be". I didn't know it at the time but I was referring to mediocrity and my mind made subjective reality that I had come to accept as truth.

It's incredible to look back on your life to a time when you were really down and see it in hindsight. When we're experiencing it, we really believe that the way we see things is the way they are, but when we look back often times we discover that it wasn't at all. Anytime I think back to a perceived bad time, I often catch myself saying "If I knew then what I know now....." But the truth is I wouldn't be the person I am today if it wasn't for those seemingly difficult times.

Adversity always provides insight eventually. Those bad times forced me to look inside myself, and it was in doing so that I began to find answers. The introspective process is an incredible thing as long as you know how to use it to your advantage. Instead of asking yourself "Why are things this way?", ask yourself "What do I need to do to change them?". Instead of looking for a meaning in the problem, look for a solution outside it. Einstein said "You can't solve a problem at the level of consciousness in which it occured". So asking the second question gives you more choice in the situation and forces you to look for a way out of it, instead of a meaning or justification for it.

Nothing has any meaning except for the meaning you give it, so you may as well give meanings that empower you. Objectively, reality is the same anyway because the event is still the event, only your perception of it is now different, which changes your experience of it and ultimately how you feel about it. If you train yourself to give the most beneficial meaning to every event, it will make life so much more rewarding for you. You will then realise that you really are the only person who controls how you interpret things, and that is a realisation that will change your life for the better.